This is the time of year when every newspaper, cable news show, radio station, gossip website and blog lists its Top 10 stories of 2013. It’s a time for reflection and basking in accomplishment.
So why should this blog be any different?
Here are my top 10 favorite projects from the past year – in no particular order.
1. My Home Office – I don’t spend as much time working here as I should (the couch with a laptop is just very comfy!), but that herringbone wood wall still catches my breath every time I see it. See the post here >>> My Home Office Reveal
2. Astroturf Chevron Wall – I figured this would just be a wall I’d have up during the summer. It was so cheap and easy that I didn’t mind it being temporary. But, here we are heading in to January, and I have absolutely no intention of ever taking it down. See the post here >>> Astroturf Chevron Wall
3. The Most Ridiculous Shower Curtain in the World – When I embarked on this labor of love, I knew it would take me a while to complete. When it was still unfinished weeks later, I knew that this would be the biggest (but easiest) sewing project I’d likely ever complete. See the post here >>> How to Make a Shower Curtain
4. The Green ‘Big Girl’ Bed – Emma made her transition from her crib to a bed in style. With a lot of elbow grease and swearing, I transformed an awful Craigslist find into an emerald gem. See the post here >>> Emma’s Emerald Green Bed
5. Handmade Midcentury Modern Inspired Dresser – I might never get tired of talking about this dresser, so I really hope that you like it. The fact that my husband built it from scratch makes it that much more amazing. See the post here >>> Midcentury Modern Inspired Two Tone Dresser
6. Faux Succulent Vertical Garden – My thumbs are as black as can be, so the only plants that can survive our house are extremely hardy. I can even kill succulents! I created a faux succulent vertical garden so I could have a beautiful hanging garden without the threat of death. See the post here >>> Faux Succulent Hanging Garden
8. Easy-to-Store Spray Paint Booth – Tired of the wind and bugs getting in my paint when spraying outside, my husband and I built this collapsable spray paint tent for our garage. I use it with my spray gun and rattle can spray paint. See the post here >>> $50 Collapsible Spray Paint Tent
9. CB2 Knockoff Clock – I hosted Knocktoberfest this year, which featured a group of big bloggers making knock-offs of their favorite designer decor products. I made a clock inspired by one I found at CB2. See the post and all of the Knocktoberfest projects here >>> DIY Clock Inspired by a CB2 Design
10. Hairpin Leg Love – I partially satisfied my hairpin leg obsession when I used a set to turn a spice cabinet into a darling side table. It was seriously the easiest project I did all year. See the post here >>> Hairpin Leg Spice Cabinet Side Table
Thank you for joining me for this little trip down memory lane. Although 2013 was a great year, I have a feeling that 2014 is going to be even better.
Happy New Year! See ya on the flip side!