This post brought to you by Duck Brand provided by ShurTech Brands, LLC. All opinions are 100% mine.
As much as I enjoyed putting together a really colorful, mid-century inspired Christmas home, I wanted it to be something that went together quick and easy. I love to look at my decorations, but I hate to spend a lot of time on them. Five minute projects are the name of the game.
So, when the Duck Brand® sent me a few rolls of their holiday designed Duck Tape for the Duck the Halls campaign, I was excited to throw together a quick little project. Sure, I could have used it to wrap gifts, but do you know how much I hate to wrap gifts? Yeah, big time. It takes so long…and this craft project took me all of five minutes, y’all. Perfect!
I received rolls of Duck Tape with designs featuring snowmen, holiday bows, penguins and candy canes. Because I knew I was going through the candy cane route with a few things on my front porch, I decided that the candy cane Duck Tape would be perfect. I made a little bunting to hang from my deer’s antlers (I found the deer at Garden Ridge), which makes my “wreath” that much more fun.
As I keep saying, this was just about the quickest project in the world. Here’s what I did:
1. I cut a length of red/white bakers twine the length I wanted for my mini bunting. You can find this twine many places, but I pick mine up at Target (either in the regular gift wrap or One Spot).
2. Next, I took my Duck Tape and cut a piece that was about 2 1/2 inches long.
3. I cut that piece in half length-wise. I didn’t measure to make that cut – I just eyeballed it. I wasn’t worried about it being perfect.
4. Then, I took one of those pieces and folded it over the bakers twine about four inches from the end. I pressed the tape together so that it would make a little flap attached to the twine.
5. With my scissors, I cut the little flap into a little triangle.
6. I continued this process down the twine, spacing the flags a few inches apart.
7. Then, I just draped it over the deer’s antlers.
Since Christmas is quickly approaching, now’s the time to do the super quick projects! Wouldn’t this bunting be cute wrapped around a gift, draped across a mirror or even wrapped around a lampshade? If you are looking for more project inspiration, follow @TheDuckBrand on Twitter.
Have you ever made a Duck Tape project? What did you make?