It wouldn’t have been a Saturday if we didn’t go to Home Depot at least twice.
It wouldn’t have been a Saturday if my paint clothes didn’t earn a few more splashes of color.
It wouldn’t have been a Saturday if Tom didn’t have to end up taking three showers due to being covered in various DIY dust.
It wouldn’t have been a Saturday if a homeless piece of furniture didn’t find its way into my garage.
And it wouldn’t have been a Saturday if my living room didn’t look like this at the end of the day.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – We DIYers don’t live in the pages of magazines. We transform our living rooms, dining rooms and garages into workspaces.
As seen in the photo:
1) Recently painted new project that will totally rock your socks.
2) This chair that Tom sat in to help put the hinges on the new project.
3) A Lightening McQueen digital watch. Obviously.
4) This chair that desperately needs to be redone but has to wait until next year along with the rest of the room.
5) A nightstand being used as a media center.
6) Our dog’s crate (that actually lives in the living room OMG).
7) Diapers, diapers, diapers.
8) A huge pile of throw pillows that always seem to end up piled up on one the ugly sofas.
9) A throw blanket just thrown on the other ugly sofa.
10) Someone’s shoes and dirty socks (ahem, Tom).
11) Emma’s doll stroller that she was using to push around a Dr. Doofensmirtz figurine. Naturally.
12) Emma’s baby toys that she hasn’t played with in a year, so I’m not sure why they are out.
13) A stain of unknown origin. I blame the dogs. Or a cup of coffee that might have jumped out of my hand.
14) Either a picture that Emma has drawn for me or a love not that Zack has written for me. ♥♥♥
Our home is often messy, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. We love that we can DIY as a family unit. If that means that we spend our Saturdays in chaos, then so be it.