For those Living With Lindsay long timers, you’ll remember the fabulous Britney Spears/Kid Rock coffee table I scored for free on Craigslist. I mean, let’s face it. How could you forget. It’s likely been as seared into your brain as it is in mine.
Never to be one to turn away from a challenge (which is both a strength and a weakness, I might add), I set to work stripping and scraping and rebuilding this “masterpiece.” Needless to say, the end result was a coffee table that you could actually put in your house without people wondering when you were going to come down from your acid trip.
That was almost 3 years ago. My home has gotten quite the shock of color since then, and my creation has been moved around from room to room. This table has served as a coffee table, a media stand, a toy storage box, and a place to race Hot Wheels.
It pains me to admit this, but I just no longer have a place in my home for my Britney Spears Coffee Table. It’s a perfectly wonderful table, but it doesn’t “fit” with the changes that I’m making around here. But, my loss is your gain.
Unable to simply take this treasure with such a history to Goodwill, I want it to go to someone who will truly embrace its story. I want one of you to give Britney a new home.
Here’s the deal:
1) You need to live local to me, which is on the outskirts of Austin, Texas. Or, I guess you don’t have to be local if you like to go on crazy car trips.
2) You need to be able to come and pick it up from me, since it won’t fit in my SUV along with two car seats
3) You must promise me that when you come to my house, you will not ax murder me. That would just be rude if you did.
4) You should send me a photograph of Britney in your home so I can share it with everyone else.
5) You can’t take it just to go sell to someone else. That would almost be as rude as you ax murdering me.
The table is roughly 56 inches long x 17 1/2 inches tall x 22 1/2 inches wide. It is painted an antique white, BUT it needs a new coat of paint since it’s served as a race track as of late. Obviously, you can paint it whatever color you want or even rebuild the entire thing. I encourage that sort of craziness around here! In the photos above, there is only one dark brown milk crate style basket, but I actually have three of them that go underneath – you can have those as well.
If you would like Britney to come live at your house, let me know! Make your case in the comments below as to why you should be the one to get it. If there are a lot of you that want her, we’ll do a little drawing to see where she’ll end up.
Godspeed, Britney. Godspeed.
Update 8/21: A “winner” has been selected, and she’ll hopefully be able to give Brit Brit a new home this week. If that doesn’t work out for some reason, I’ll randomly select someone else.