I really think that I was born to paint stuff. Walls, furniture, light fixtures – there’s pretty much nothing off limits. As a matter of fact, I have two simultaneous paint projects going on right now. I can’t help it. Some days I wake up and just need to paint.
If I can’t paint, I like to help other people learn how to paint for their home. One way I do that is through writing on this blog, which is such a joy for me. The other thing I do is write for Glidden’s My Colortopia blog. Each month, I write an article that highlights things I’ve learned – and even things I’ve learned the hard way.
Oh, yes. There have been lots and lots of things learned the hard way.
I don’t talk too much about the My Colortopia blog over here, but I wanted to point you to some of the recent posts I’ve written. Below are links to those posts and a brief description of each one.
- How to Paint Furniture (pros and cons of different types of paint you can use on furniture)
- Where to Score the Best Vintage Finds (list of places to check when you are looking to find a deal)
- How to Paint a Mural on a Child’s Bedroom Walls (steps I followed to paint a mural in my then 2 year old son’s room)
- Painting Horizontal Stripes is Easy with the Right Technique (how to paint horizontal stripes without paint bleed)
- Using a Chevron Pattern Around Your Home (different wants to use chevron if you don’t want to paint it on your walls)
I do hope you’ll take a few minutes to check out these posts over at My Colortopia! In the meantime, I’ll just be over here painting some stuff. And thinking of other stuff I want to paint.